Share the holiday spirit with the Be a Santa to a Senior® service program!
It’s a way to brighten the lives of lonely or isolated seniors in your community. This program has touched so many lives . . . in the last five years, 60,000 volunteers delivered more than one million gifts to 660,000 seniors.
How the program works:
1. Area non-profit agencies will provide the names of lonely or financially challenged seniors in our community, as well as gift ideas for each senior. Volunteers will write the first name or code name of the participating senior and their gift preferences on a Be a Santa to a Senior tree bulb. Each bulb will be placed on the Christmas tree by program volunteers.
2. Customers/employees will pull a bulb from the tree and purchase gift(s) for the senior from the gift ideas listed on the bulb. The gifts and corresponding tags will be grouped together and placed under the Christmas tree, or at a location of your preference.
3. Program volunteers will regularly collect gifts and refresh tree bulbs as needed and then deliver the gifts to each participating senior.
Locations for Be a Santa to a Senior:
• Home Instead Senior Care (Jasper)
• Heart to Heart Hospice (Jasper)
• Kindred Hospice (Jasper)
• Core of Dale (Dale)
• Freedom Bank (Jasper)
• Emerald Place Senior Living (Washington)
How you can help:
• You can take a bulb off a participating location buy the donation.
• You can drop off donations such as socks, laundry soap, canned goods, lotion etc. to our Home office in Jasper by December 7th
• You can volunteer to help wrap presents and prepare presents for our local seniors.
Marketing and Senior Development Coordinator, Program Chair
Office: 812.482.3311 Cell: 812.499.7363 Hayley.Martin@homeinstead.com