****Only online entries accepted this year!****
Enter at www.thecountryshowdown.com/enter/
Entry Deadline is Friday, April 28th, 2017
The 36th Annual WBDC Country Showdown is Thursday, June 8th, 2017 at the Jasper Community Arts Center.
Please call us at (812) 634-9232 if you have questions or need assistance.
How to Apply
- Create a free account on Acceptd or login if you have an account.
- Select the state in which the radio station is located that you are submitting an entry for, from the drop down menu (top right) under “Program Group”
- Choose the radio station you wish to apply for under “Program”
- Complete the online application form
- Submit your biography
- Submit the link to your audition video. This can be YouTube, on your Artist Facebook Page or your personal website. The link must ONLY direct to your video and not a page where someone has to scroll or look aroud to find your video. (If using YouTube, make sure the setting of your video is “public” or “unlisted” but not “private”). If you are doing a cover, it may be blocked from YouTube or Facebook for copyright infringement. If you are submitting a video with cover tunes on it, upload your video to “Dropbox” and create a “Link” to that file on dropbox. (Click Here For Directions).
- Give us the links to your social media accounts and website.
- Pay the $30 application fee
- Check that your application is complete and accurate and click submit.
Submission Video: Artists must record a video no longer than 7 minutes in which they showcase two songs of varying country styles. Pick out songs that show off your personality, charisma, vocal ability and marketability in country music. You may sing along with background tracks only or back yourself. You may not sing along with the original artist. Make sure your sound is clear and we can hear you singing. In your introduction let us know your name, where you are from and why you believe you are the “Best New Act in Country Music”. Be creative and have fun!
Social Media/Website Links: All artists must submit links to their social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube) and a website. These are not to be your personal accounts but your artist accounts. You are not required to have a website but we ask that you please open and provide at least one social media account if you do not have one already (*minors are not required to have a social media account).
Entry Fee: A $30 entry fee is required for each radio station that you submit an entry to. You may only participate in one local final or preliminary at a time. If you are not selected to participate in your chosen radio stations preliminary or local final, we will continue to submit your application to participating radio stations in your chosen traveling distance free of charge. If you are chosen to participate in a local final or preliminary but did not progress to the regional finals, you can submit your application to a new radio station for an additional $30 fee.